Important information to begin using Mobile Deposit
- Types of Checks: First Federal can only accept original checks payable to you, drawn on a U.S. bank in U.S dollars. We cannot accept the scanning of checks payable to others, duplicate images, any check that appears altered, traveler’s checks, foreign checks, any checks previously converted to “substitute checks” as defined in Regulation CC, any item that has been re-deposited or returned such as “non-sufficient funds” or “refer to maker” or returned checks for any other reason, postdated (items with future date) or stale dated checks (more than 6 months old).
- Endorsement: Endorse the back of the check and add “For Mobile Deposit Only, First Federal Van Wert” below your signature. All deposits are subject to verification and can be adjusted upon review.
- Image Quality: The quality of the check image shall accurately represent all of the information on the front and back of the original check. Images must also meet any standards for image quality established by ANSI, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve, or any other regulatory agency, clearing house or association.
- Deposit Limits: There is an established $2,500 per day limit. If you attempt to deposit in excess of these limits, your deposit may be rejected. Lower limits may apply for newer accounts.
- Funds Availability: Funds deposited before 3:00 p.m. EST on a business day (every day except Saturdays, Sundays, and Federal holidays) are normally available for withdrawal on the first business day after the day of deposit. If you transmit an item after 3:00 p.m. EST, or on a day First Federal is not open, your deposit will be considered made on the next business day the bank is open. For more information related to funds availability, refer to First Federal’s Funds Availability Policy.
- Fees: First Federal does not charge a service fee for using the mobile deposit process.
- Destruction of Original Check: Once you have deposited the check successfully, you should store the check in a secure location for 10 days. After 10 days, and after you have confirmed the deposited funds have been applied to your account correctly, you must destroy the check. Shredding the check will prevent it from being presented for deposit another time. You will be liable for checks that are presented more than once.
- Receipt of Checks: All mobile deposits are subject to verification and First Federal reserves the right to reject any item transmitted through Mobile Deposit, at our discretion, without liability to you. In such a case, you will need to deposit the item using other means, such as visiting our office. We are not responsible for items not received or for images that are dropped during transmission. Receipt of such confirmation does not mean the transmission was error free, complete or will be considered a deposit and credited to your account.
- Termination: We reserve the right to deny access to the use of our Mobile Deposit Service without prior notice if it is unable to confirm your authority to access the service or we believe such action is necessary for security reasons. We may turn off the service if we suspect fraud, if you misuse Mobile Deposit, have excessive overdrafts or returned items, or for other reasons at our sole discretion.
- Errors or Questions: You must notify us of any errors (or suspected errors) related to the items deposited through Mobile Deposit as soon as possible after they occur. You can contact us by calling 419-238-1463 or by visiting our office.